Thailand

Thailand

Sunday, January 9, 2011

New chapbook

I am thrilled to learn that Kattywompus Press in Cleveland will publish my new chapbook, Bring Down the Sky.
It's a collection that interweaves poems about the life and work of James Turrell and Larry Towell. I first saw Larry Towell's intimate and haunting images at Youngstown State. He photographs people living through war and other horror. James Turrell's installations work with perception, light and space. I saw a few at The Mattress Factory in Pittsburgh and The Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas. They are beautiful meditative spaces.
I am moved by the art, but more - Towell and Turrell are eloquent and wise, and I was engaged by their books and interviews, and talking with Towell at a reception. I would not love their work less if they were... yes, I would. But I would still love it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! - happy to have found your rich blog, Karen! Great source of jumping off points already for me! Off we go - - -wheee - - - !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diana! There was a James Turrell installation at the Hirschorn in DC - my mom and I saw it over the weekend. Thrilling.

    ReplyDelete