Thailand

Thailand

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Interview with H.L. Hix up at AGNI

There are so many interesting people in our world, and I foster a wish to take them home and ask them all the questions. So you can imagine how happy I was to be able to do this with H.L. Hix - the question-asking, anyway. I've long loved Hix's poetry, and after I read God Bless in a class on the poetry project (poetry books arranged around a central theme or idea), I thought of interviewing him to fulfill a course assignment. After his first answer, I knew I'd want to keep asking way after the class was over, and in fact we were still talking after graduation and then some. It's a long interview (it won't take a year to read it, but do get into your comfortable chair).

Thanks very much to H.L. for these thoughtful and poetic answers. I aim to read the books and articles noted in the interview, as well. And thanks to AGNI for publishing our conversation. We're in such good company there.

Here it is: AGNI.

No comments:

Post a Comment